Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review- RECKLESS (Thoughtless #3) by S.C. Stephens

Reckless (Thoughtless #3)

★★★★★
Reckless (Thoughtless, #3)

Synopsis:

Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?
________________________________________________________________



Where do I even start?? There is just so much that I absolutely loved about this book that I can't even begin to talk about it all. Also, so much happened that I will probably have to keep this review short and sweet as to not spoil anything! I guess I'll start by saying how obsessed I have been with this series and how much I was looking forward to this book. Although I am so very sad to see the series end and say goodbye to Kellan, Kiera, the douchebags and douchebag-ettes, I think this last book is probably my favorite of the series. We see these characters deal with trust, grief, forgiveness, self-acceptance, and more...

With the happy ending at the end of Effortess, this book had a very peaceful start-- which, with the rollercoaster of emotions readers went through in the first two books, was quite nice. But of course the life of a soon to be rock star has it's own tribulations and Kellan and Kiera's brief moment of calm doesn't last long. But it wouldn't be the same if these two didn't endure a crazy amount of drama, right? However, the way they handled it in this last book was impressive. We see Kellan and Kiera finally begin to have the faith and commitment in their relationship that they need. They are finally 100% honest with each other about everything and they stick together no matter what life throws at them, which is quite a bit this time around.

It was so nice to see how all of the characters matured and came into their own. Seeing how Griffin and Anna handled parenthood was especially nice, they definitely became much more responsible. The moments that Kellan had with his family, as he finally began to realize how much he was loved, were extremely touching. And as much as I love Kellan and Kiera, the supporting characters really stole my heart. All of their friends, and especially Denny, brough so much to this series, it wouldn't have been the same without them. It probably goes without saying that Kellan was incredible and dreamy in this book, but even more so than the previous two. I know, how is that possible, right? But he really took it to a whole different level this time around.

With as much angst as their was in this book, the romance was at an all time high. Some of the things these characters said, my goodness,I almost couldn't handle it all (yeah right, I ate up every second)! Overall, Reckless has all of the angst, drama, romance and steamy scenes as the previous two books in this trilogy, but wraps up the lives of these characters perfectly in a shiny red bow. You will laugh, you'll cry, you'll sigh. You won't want to put this one down and you will be oh so sad to say goodbye to these characters, but you will love every single minute of it. Guaranteed. It was perfect and exceeded all of my expectations. 5 beautiful, amazing, happily ever after stars.
________________________________________________________________
 
“ You'll never know how incredible you are to me, how desperately I love you. I would do it all over again if I needed to. I'd go back to the beginning for you”


 
“I will always love you, Kellan. Your heart is safe with me.”
Kellan pulled me into a hug and let out a long, shaky breath as he held me. “Promise?” he whispered?
I squeezed him just a little bit tighter. “I promise.” Pulling back, I rested my forehead against his. “Not loving you isn’t possible. Trust me, I tried.”
 
 
"Grinning at me, Kellan leaned down to kiss my cheek. “Thanks,” he muttered in my ear as he stole my beer from my fingers.
I glared at him as I watched him tip it back. “Just so you know, I totally backwashed.”
Kellan paused mid-gulp, then shrugged. Smiling wide once he was finished, he husked, “That’s all right…I like your fluids.”
 
 
“We’d learned to open up to each other, to trust each other, to face the world together. I firmly believed now that there was nothing we couldn’t tackle together. No hurdle, no obstacle, no setback was so large that it would break us apart, and there was comfort and confidence in that knowledge.”
 
 
"I want to give you a home. I want to fill it with children. I want to take care of you. I want to grow old with you. I want you by my side, every day.” … “I just want you. Do you want me too?”
 
 
PURCHASE RECKLESS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...