Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Teaser (& Chapter 1) of RECKLESS

S.C. Stephens, the amazing author of one of my favorite sereies ever has decided to give us all a treat since we have to wat for-freaing-ever for the release of Reckless.

It isn't really that long of a wait. March isn't THAT far away I suppose.

Yeah, right. Who am I kidding? I'm dying for this book! I need more Kellan Kyle in my life ASAP.

But this little teaser from Reckless (from the incredible Kellan's POV) will have to do until then ;)

If you haven't read Thoughtless or Effortless, the first two books in this series, you're missing out! They're full of angst and heartbreak and romance and swoon-worthy moments. These books will take you on a crazy emotional rollercoaster-- and it is fantastic!

Ok, ok...So here's this awesome teaser-- Enjoy!

 
Reckless (Thoughtless, #3)
 
 Synopsis:

Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?


From S.C. Stephens, herself:
 
"Would you guys like a teaser to help you get through the wait? How about one from the bonus Kellan POV that will be attached to chapter two of Reckless? Hmmm? I’m going to assume you all said yes. Here you go! (Note: It’s Kellan, so there are a couple of f-bombs in here)"

**

Irritation bloomed in me the longer I watched Kiera working. She completely ignored me. And not in an aloof way like she ju...
st didn’t care. No, every look she wasn’t giving me was very deliberate. She wanted me to know she was fuming. I just had no idea why she was so angry. She wouldn’t even approach our table, which was probably a good thing, since Griffin was regaling some random guy next to us with sex stories about Anna. God, he was going to repeat that night to people for the next six months, I just knew it. Anna was now his number one “You’re not gonna believe this” story.

After twenty minutes of absolutely no service, Evan finally managed to flag Kiera down. She looked over at our table, blatantly ignoring me sitting at it, then rolled her eyes and headed up to the bar to get our drinks. She wouldn’t even fucking take our order? Why the hell was she so fucking mad at me? A little mad, sure, completely understandable, but this seemed over the top, even for her.

A few minutes later, she stormed to our table. Without a word, she slammed down a bottle of beer in front of each of us; a bit of foam frothed from the top of mine thanks to the force of the impact. I was a little surprised the bottle hadn’t broken. Still silent, she then twisted on her heel and strode away from the table as quickly as she possibly could.

Matt looked at Evan after she left. “What’s her problem today?” Both men then turned to look at me, like I was suddenly the keeper of Kiera’s mood swings.

I shrugged and grabbed my beer. “Don’t ask me. I’m not her boyfriend.” I didn’t mean to say it harshly, but it came out a little rough. While Evan frowned at me, I took a swig of my beer. Grimacing, I pulled it away from my lips and looked at the bottle. Diet beer? Really? I fumed in silence for a few seconds while the other guys drank their perfectly normal, calorie-laden alcohol. What. The. Hell.


I know, right?! IS IT MARCH YET???


AND HERE THE LINK TO CHAPTER ONE OF RECKLESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...