Monday, April 1, 2013

Review- FInd You In The Dark by A. Meredith Walters


★★★★★


Synopsis

Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades...normal life. Until him. Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness. Until her.Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life. That together, they could face the world. But the darkness is always waiting. Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.



__________________________________________________________________



I gave this book four stars . Then, I started to type this review and started to cry. With that being said, I change my mind, This is definitely a five star read. Any book that can make you cry while writing the review is amazing.


First, I would like to commend the author for shedding light on something that is not talked about enough in our society-mental illness. Mental illness awareness is not discussed enough in the real world. There is a stigma attached to it. This novel brought light to mental illness in that it demonstrated that there is light in darkness.

The series revolved around seventeen year old Maggie Young and Clayton (Clay) Reed. One day at school, Maggie collides (literally) into the life of Clay. From their first encounter, Maggie was intrigued by Clay, the new kid at school. He was quiet and seemed to want to be invisible to everyone else. Maggie makes it a point to get to know Clay. Little did she know that she had pulled Clay out of the darkness he has been facing for much of his life.

“You ran into my life, this beautiful amazing girl who changed everything.”

This book had a heavy subject matter, but I believe the author did a great job on how two teenagers would deal with it. Maggie was your average teenager, but bored with monotony. She wanted more. She wanted a change. And that came in the form of falling in love with Clay Reed. She knew deep down inside something was wrong. Clay opened up with Maggie regarding the mental illness he has been battling for years. The problem that their loved face was that they thought,if they pretended to be normal, everything would be ok and that all the needed was love…

“And if he went into the dark again, this time I would be there to find him- to follow him. Because I thought, perhaps quite immaturely, that my love could help him, Maybe our love could do even more than just help-maybe it could heal him. Fix him. Fix everything.”


Love is a scary thing. When you have never experienced it from your parents, how do you know to give love? This is a huge challenge I think Clay faced. This ends with a cliffhanger in the sense that something happens where they have to be apart. Maggie fights to save Clay, but they soon find out that Clay needs more help than she is able to give. I fell completely for Maggie and Clay.




“When you’re in a room Maggie, all I see is you. You make everything better. Clearer. You stop the crazy noise in my head. I can think, hell I can breathe when we’re together. What you make me feel is the most unbelievable and scary thing I’ve ever felt”


Overall, I truly loved this story! I don’t think I have ever read anything like this. The love Clay and Maggie share is powerful and consuming. This book will make you laugh out loud and cry. The author did a great job at allowing you to truly feel the emotions of the characters. At the end, I asked is love enough? Can love survive this? You’ll have to read the next one to find out.

xo Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...