Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: The Stillness of You by Julie Bale


★★★★


Synopsis 


Bad girl,Georgia King, is trying to survive after spiraling into a darkness that nearly took her life. With her college dreams on hold she's trying to get healthy--trying to still the craziness inside her. She has no room for someone like Ben Lancaster and if he was smart he'd stay away. Because everyone knows Georgia is bad news--she ruins people--and if Ben isn't careful, he'll be next in line.

Ben Lancaster is a young, hot shot hockey player on his way to the top. Newly signed to the Philadelphia Flyers, he's living the dream. The girls. The money. The fame. He thought he had everything he wanted until he met Georgia. Suddenly he wants more--he wants her. He'll do whatever it takes to get her and Ben Lancaster always gets what he wants. But the girl who's different from anyone he's ever known is hiding secrets. And as the dog days of summer pass, only time will tell if Georgia's secrets can be healed. Or if her bruised soul is strong enough to resist Ben Lancaster...

________________________________________________________

Review:

I wouldlike to thank the author for providing me a copy of this book in exchange foran honest review.

This story revolved around a broken girl, Georgia King and a sex on legs, hockey player, Ben Lancaster. Sounds like your typicalstory? I guarantee you that is NOT the case!

Georgia has been through a lot as a twenty yearold. She has battled internal demons and is struggling to win that battle,daily.  She has vowed totake control over her life and concentrate on herself, that is, until BenLancaster blows into her life on a Wednesday afternoon.

As a little sister of an assistant hockey coach,Georgia knows all about these hockey players. However, she soon realizes thatBen is not your average hockey player. Georgia’s brother, Matt, is fully awareof Georgia’s past and tries his best to make sure that his little sister doesnot fall to the same fate she has in the past. He knows Georgia has thecapability to ruin guys and he cannot afford for that to happen to his starplayer, Ben.

"It would be tragic for me toruin someone like Ben Lancaster, and that’s pretty much what I did. I ruined things. I ruined people."

Georgia and Ben try their best to stay away fromeach other. However, there is an attraction that neither one of them can deny.Usually I am not for insta-love or insta-attraction.  However, the author was successful in making it believable.You felt the electricity between Ben and Georgia throughout the entire book.

“Do you feel this?” he whispered hoarsely. “Youhave to feel this. It can’t just be me. There’s no f-ing way it can just be me”

Holy crap. Yeah I felt that, Ben. I loved that the book alternated between the POVof both Georgia and Ben.  Beinginside Ben’s head made me enjoy him even more. He has these ways with wordsthat made me swoon. A lot.

“Georgia, it’s easy to give in to something thatfeels good. But I don’t want easy. I’ve had easy. I want something worth hellof a lot more than easy.”

Once Georgia and Ben give in to this attraction,Ben realizes there is so much more he does now know about Georgia. He has noidea what she battles daily and understands it won’t be easy to deal with, buthe wants to love her anyway. 

“I had a feeling that Ben Lancaster had just tattooed himself onto mysoul and the thing about tattoos? They’re painful to remove.”

Once the truth comes out, Ben is thrown, butdetermined more than ever to show Georgia that they can survive and deal withthis. He is not willing to give up on their relationship.

“You’re wrong you know. I love you.All of you. Even the pieces that you won’t show me because all of that stuffmakes up your circle and I don’t give a flying f if it’s broken. I love everycracked and fragmented piece of you. And when you’re ready, I hope you’ll trustme enough to let me be the one to help you put those broken pieces backtogether.”

Holy. Freakin’ Swoon. Ben Lancaster. Hesaid all the right things when Georgia needed to hear them. He’s hot, sweet,and just knows how to make you feel good inside. Yes he has all therequirements of the perfect book boyfriend. I could not get enough of him.

“If you love me then what’s the problem? Love is enough. Love has to be enough”

Is love really enough? As an avid reader, thisquestion comes up a lot in a lot of the books I have read. However, whencharacters are faced with what Georgia and Ben has to face,  I really don’t know the answer to that.Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I think the author did a great job atallowing you to fall for Georgia and Ben. Even with all the challenges theyface, you still want to root for them. I loved that Georgia is a strong womanand no matter what she realizes that she cannot be the person for Ben and bethe lover he deserves until she can truly love herself.  I absolutely cannot wait to see wheretheir story takes them next. 

xo Bianca


Purchase The Stillness of You:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...