Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review- Light In The Shadows (Find You In The Dark #2)



★★★★★

Synopsis

Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces. Moving on and moving forward, just as Clay wanted her to.

Clay never stopped thinking of Maggie. Even after ripping their lives apart and leaving her 

behind to get the help he so desperately needed. He is healing...slowly. But his heart still belongs to the girl who tried to save him.

When a sudden tragedy brings Maggie and Clay face to face again, nothing is the same. Yet some things never change. Can the darkness that threatened to consume them be transformed into something else and finally give them what they always wanted? And can two people who fought so hard to be together, finally find their happiness? Or will their demons and fear drive them apart for good?

The thing about love, is even when it destroys you, it has a way of mending what is broken. And in the shadows, you can still see the light.

__________________________________________________________________

This book picked up right where Find You In The Dark left off. What I love most about the second in this series is that it is told from both POV’s of Maggie and Clay.

I don’t think anyone has been through what these teenagers have. They encounter so many ups and downs and challenges. They faced things that most adults have never or will never face. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, therefore I will try my best to stay away from the plot.

“It’s because of everything we’ve been through that I can say it. I love you, Clayton Reed. God, I love you so damn much."

Like the first book in the series, Maggie and Clay share the most powerful love I have ever witnessed in a book. Again, without giving spoilers, Clay and Maggie are forced to be apart which in turn allows them to grow as individuals. We truly get to see the internal struggle that Clay goes through daily with his mental illness. I think this book allows you to truly understand the agony he faces and why he is the way he is, especially in book one. Being inside Clay’s head made me fall for him even more. How can someone so broken and lost, still love someone with their heart and soul? Clay Reed, you have my heart.

“The way my heart beat just for him. I wasn’t sure if I could love my life having turned my back on the person who made me feel truly alive. And I was sick of being a coward. My love for this beautifully broken, yet slowly healing boy, made me strong.”

Characters like Maggie and Clay remind me of why I enjoy reading. They will probably stay with me for a really long time. The author has a talent for true character development. You get to know these characters and everything about them. You get upset at times of loss and hurt. And you root for them in times of triumph and success. Although this is the end of the series, it is definitely a rollercoaster. Your emotions will go up and down just like the characters in the book.

This has to be my favorite quote of the entire series…

“You are everything good in my life. Even when I thought all I had was the darkness, you were there. And you gave me something to live for. I couldn’t let you go. No matter how hard I tried. I know now that’s because to lose you would be losing the best part of myself.”

Love does persevere. Love does conquer all.  The ending of this series was nothing short of beautiful.  This is not your typical love story. It hurts. You will cry. You will get upset. However, it is definitely worth it. 

xo Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...