Title: Chimes of a Cracked Southern BelleAuthor: Susan Reinhardt
Genre: Women’s Fiction/Humor
Publication Date: June 23, 2013
Event organized by: Literati Author Services
Dee, a 38-year-old heroine to root for, sets out on a path winding with loveable kooks, wanting to prove there is a great life on the other side of tragedy and a crazed ex behind bars who continues to mail threatening letters from prison. Her new adventure begins two years after the crime spree that nearly stopped her heart and left her flat-lining. She packs up her two young kids and settles in her parents' South Carolina hometown where she deals with a delightful, but over-the-top mama who pretends her grown daughters are virgins.
Dee finds new purpose for herself and her children, discovering joy in places she never expected it: in a nursing home where she tends to the likes of 104-year-old Annie Sue who still drives and has a hankering for cold draft beer. Offering heaps of comic relief, Dee's Aunt Weepie lives to crash funerals just to get the covered-dish meals after the gravesides, no matter she has no idea who's in the coffins. Her antics lead her to making a daring decision that could change Dee's life forever.
As Dee begins a journey toward recovery and becoming a registered nurse, a dark secret resurfaces, one that if handled right, could be her ticket to allowing herself to love again.
Six Fun Facts about character
1. The main character Prudy Jeter, changes her name to Dee Millings, her maiden name and “Dee” a cuter form of Prudy.
2. She’s 38, quite fetching and not one of those gorgeous size 6’s. In fact, her butt is on the wide side, and her kooky mother likes to tell her to either work at the Estee Lauder counter or become a Lane Bryant model.
3. She’s survived a near-murder at the hands of her former husband and is starting a new life, trying to raise two small kids and become a nurse.
4. Her job is in a nursing home, where one of the main characters is the fun and adorable Annie Sue, a 104-year-old spitfire not willing to give up her driver’s license. She says if they take it away, she’ll finally start drinking. Wait and see what happens.
5. She decides to Google her first love, the man of her high school dreams who took her virginity on the country club golf course. They “parred” every hole over that long, hot summer.
6. Her mother has other ideas and hates her ex, because she can’t get over the fact his tinkled on her lawn while singing drunken Christmas Carols. Will this romance work? Or will the mother’s choice of suitors prevail?
Susan Reinhardt, a well-known, award-winning columnist is author of six books along with many anthologies.
Her bestselling book of humor, “Not Tonight Honey, Wait ‘Til I’m a Size 6,” is now in its 7th printing. This was followed by "Don't Sleep with a Bubba," A Book of the Year winner, and "Dishing with the Kitchen Virgin," a best-selling collection of hilarious culinary disasters with a dash of PG-13 humor and a smidgeon of sex. All were published by Kensington in New York City.
Her recent books include participating in the Malaprop's Book Store bestseller, "Naked Came the Leaf Peeper," in which a dozen of Western North Carolina's most well-known authors went wild with a serial novel, each taking a turn with his or her own chapter. The book was highly praised by Charles Frazier, author of "Cold Mountain," along with "Eat Pray Love's" Elizabeth Gilbert.
In November, 2012, she and co-author and editor DC Stanfa released "Fifty Shades of Funny: Hook-ups, Break-ups, and Crack-ups," featuring some of the most famous authors and bloggers around, including their own tales of romantic misadventure and blunders.
Soon, she will release her biggest project to date: Her first novel, 10 years in the making titled, "Chimes from a Cracked Southern Belle.
In addition to writing, she's a stand-up comedian, public speaker, public servant, taxi driver to her teen daughter, debit card to her 20-year-old son, and a borderline candidate to appear on "The Hoarders" Buried Alive!" if you saw her bedroom/office and the amount of books and stacked papers.
She is mother of two: daughter Lindsey, 14, and son Niles, 20. They are her true loves and the very reason she BEGS her husband (second hubby) for Botox at least once a year.
Reinhardt is involved in many charities, including child and animal welfare groups and is a community volunteer.
Purchase Chimes of a Cracked Southern Belle NOW!
Blog Tour Hosted By